Friday, November 4, 2011

STEP Competition 2011

Its been a while that Basic Encoding excluded in the STEP competition now, I'm glad its back. The 2009 STEP was the first time we joined the contest and sadly we didn't won. I marked the experiences, techniques and skills we've learned the previous competition. And this time, I make sure that I'll  train my contestant thoroughly for this upcoming competition. And sad to say, we didn't make it again! My contestant  messed up his output. I dunno what went wrong with his task then. Maybe his just so clumsy, careless. pressured and stressed during the contest.

Another lessons I've learned. Here's the following:
First, I won't get a male contestant. Female is better coz male are so clumsy in nature. hehe
Second, I have a vibes (feelings) of my contestant that he's gonna make a mess coz during our first training then give up easily and he don't explore much and do a replacement ahead of time. Third, I'll teach the lower grades of basic encoding for early training..hehe

Picture taken during the contest at Abellana National School

My friends and co-coaches.

I would like to share this quote before I end my blog.

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken
This is the blog I wrote during the 2009 STEP competition.
2009 STEP

No comments: